urad dal flour
Last Updated : Jul 05,2018
Viewed 24079 times
Urad dal flour is made from dried, ground whole urad dal. The lentils are cleaned, roasted and then ground into flour after removal of the testa or the seed-coat. This flour is used in various Indian and Chinese dishes.
Coarsely ground urad dal flour – The roasted black gram can be ground at home in a flour mill or grinder to get coarsely-ground flour. This can be used to make pancakes, etc.
Finely ground urad dal flour - Finely ground flour is available in the market and can be easily purchased. They help make excellent soups, curries and thickeners.
How to select
• Check the expiry date before buying flour.
• Also look out for any lumpiness or discoloration.
• Urad dal flour can be is used to make puris and chapattis by mixing with wheat flour.
• It can also be used to prepare dosa and uttappams.
• The flour can be added to purees and soups to improve the protein content of the recipe.
How to store
• Store urad dal flour in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
• Urad dal flour is a good source of protein and dietary fibre.
• It is low in fat and rich in B complex vitamins, calcium and potassium.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.