Last Updated : Oct 25,2017
Viewed 8482 times
As the name suggests to those of us familiar with its root word, thandai in Hindi meals that which cools. The spices and nuts that go into making this syrup, have immense medicinal value and contain tremendous amounts of anti oxidants that are known for protecting the body from the ills of summer. Khus Khus (poppy seeds), rose petals, melon seeds and black pepper are some of the ingredients that go into making this medicinal syrup.
How to Select
• Thandai is readily available commercially.
• The organic variety of this syrup can be purchased online as well and in ayurvedic shops.
• If purchasing it commercially ensure that the seal is unbroken.
• Please read the manufacturing and expiry dates to ensure maximum product freshness.
• You can also make this dark yellow, sweet syrup at home.
• Dilute thandai syrup with milk to make a cool and refreshing summer drink.
• Use this syrup as a topping for ice-creams, kulfis, milkshakes and desserts.
• Thandai mousse is an interesting concept to experiment with.
How to Store
• Until the seal is broken, store the unopened bottle in a cool, dry place at room temperature
• After breaking the seal, refrigerate the product to extend its shelf life.
• Since syrups contains a high amount of sugar, it acts as a preservative and ensures that the product has a long shelf life.
• Unopened bottles remain for a year with the flavour and taste of thandai intact.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.