Last Updated : Oct 25,2017
Viewed 9905 times
Also Known As
Sweet Betel Nut
Supari or betel nut is the primary crop of the Malnad region in Karnataka. It is the seed of a type of palm tree.
The nut is harvested and processed to get sweet supari, which is used as a mouth-freshener by youngsters and elders. Sweet supari is got by sweetening processed betel nut with sugar, artificial flavours and colours. Once processed this way, it gets a sweet taste and cooling mouth-feel, which make it effective as a mouth-freshener.
It is available at paan shops and roadside shops, in small packets costing around a rupee.
How to buy
• Sweet supari is available at roadside paan shops and tea stalls.
• It is available in different flavours like cardamom, rose, etc.
• Select the brand and flavour you want.
• It is available in small packets costing a rupee each.
• Bottles or bigger packs are also available in grocery stores or kirana stores.
• Sweet supari is added to different types of paans.
• It is also enjoyed plain, as a mouth-freshener.
• It can also be used to garnish ice-creams and to make other innovative recipes.
How to store
• Store the unopened packet at room temperature.
• Consume once opened.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.