sweet lime juice
Last Updated : Mar 22,2018
Viewed 12302 times
Also Known as
Musambi juice, mosambi juice
Description of Sweet Lime Juice
A squeeze of lime has virtually minimal calories, and is a delicious drink. Whether in soft drinks, cocktails or just alone - it is truly a delight. To juice it up, cut the sweet lime fruits into halves. Now squeeze each halfed sweet lime piece of fruit using a squeezer. Filter the squeezed juice with a strainer. Add sugar as required. Drink it fresh or refrigerate it for a while.
How to Select
Choose sweet limes that have smoothly textured skin and are firm and heavy for their size. These will have higher juice content than those that are either spongy or lighter in weight. Avoid those that have soft spots or traces of mold.
· Sweet Lime juice can be relished on its own or in combination with other fruit juices.
· It works well with other citrus fruits - orange, grapes etc.
How to Store
Orange juice and zest can also be stored for later use. Place freshly squeezed orange juice in ice cube trays until frozen, and then store them in plastic bags in the freezer. Dried orange zest should be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight glass container.
Health Benefits of Sweet Lime Juice
· The sweet lime juice is therapeutically valued for its cooling effect in cases of fever and jaundice.
· Sweet Lime juice is rich in vitamin C.
· It provides cooling effect to the body and relives from stomach problems.
· It helps in relieving throat infections.
· A thirst quencher.
· Helps in nausea and vomiting.
· High in dietary fiber.
· Powerful Antioxidant in orange yellow and red fruits.
· Rich in vitamin B complex and carotene they enhance the immune system, improve eyesight and skin health.
· The unique combination of fibre, vitamins and other micronutrients and antioxidants provide them the unique power to prevent a whole host of diseases.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.