split coriander seeds
Last Updated : Jan 26,2020
Viewed 21867 times
Also Known as
Dhana na Kuria
Split coriander seeds are nothing but cracked seeds of coriander, which are often used to prepare delectable pickles such as Lahsun ka Achaar.
How to Select
• It is readily available in the market. Select carefully, noting the colour and aroma of the spice and also see that they are clean, crisp and fresh.
• • In case you wish to make them at home, select clean, uniform dried whole coriander seeds with wavy ridges, varying from cream to light beige colour, and having a good aroma. Very lightly pound the seeds and then pass them through a sieve to remove excess powder. What remains in the sieve are the split coriander seeds.
• Split coriander seeds are used with a combination of split mustard seeds and split fenugreek seeds in many pickles.
• It imparts a very aromatic and spicy taste to curries.
• Raw mangoes dressed with salt and turmeric powder are then combined with equal quantities of chilli powder, split fenugreek seeds, split coriander, seeds mustard oil and sea salt to make a lip-smacking pickle, which is an ideal accompaniment for almost all meals.
How to Store
It can keep for a year or more, in an air tight container, unrefrigerated.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.