Last Updated : Oct 17,2017
Viewed 18407 times
The dark pink, floral fragrance of rose is replicated in flavour and taste when blended with large amounts of sugar to create rose syrup. This syrup is versatile and is used to flavour a plethora of recipes from many middle eastern countries and India. The sugary sweetness of rose syrup is balanced by ingredients that have bitter notes like spices and lime zest.
How to Select
• Rose syrup is available commercially.
• The organic variety of this syrup can be purchased online as well.
• If purchasing it commercially ensure that the seal is unbroken.
• Please read the manufacturing and expiry dates to ensure maximum product freshness.
• Chilled water and ice cubes when added to rose syrup makes for an extremely refreshing drink.
• Milkshakes, ice slush, kulfis, chilled soft drinks, taste great when flavoured with rose syrup.
• Waffles and pancakes can take on a more exotic taste when paired with rose syrup and dried fruits, alongside a tall glass of saffron milk.
• Rose falooda is a delicious Indian dessert served chilled.
• Rose flavoured icing on cookies and cakes give it a middle eastern flavour.
• Rose syrup can also be drizzled on rice pudding with finely chopped pistachio, almonds and raisins.
How to Store
• Until the seal is broken, store the unopened bottle in a cool, dry place at room temperature
• After breaking the seal, refrigerate the product to extend its shelf life.
• Since syrups contains a high amount of sugar, it acts as a preservative and ensures that the product has a long shelf life.
• Unopened bottles remain for a year with the flavour and taste of rose intact.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.