Last Updated : Jan 11,2018
Viewed 13047 times
Roasting cashewnuts is one of the good ways to avoid addition of fat. There's nothing like the taste of a freshly roasted cashew. While we love raw and unsalted cashews, especially for cooking, roasted and salted make a delightful snacking experience. The sweetness of the nut is enhanced by roasting and a light sprinkling of salt. Roasted cashews are widely available, both salted and unsalted, whole or in pieces. Roasted salted cashews are a treat. . Sprinkling a little salt on toasted nuts enhances the taste and is a delicious snack. It is usually done by; spreading cashews in a single layer over the. Then cook for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are golden-brown. They can burn quickly, so keep an eye on them. Cool them and sprinkle salt as desired. One advantage to roast cashews at home is you can limit the amount of salt. The nut industry apparently uses a salt-flour mixture to increase adhesion, which is the powdery stuff you find at the bottom of a can.
How to Select
While purchasing roasted cashews in bulk or in a packaged container make sure that there is no evidence of moisture or insect damage and that they are not shriveled. If it is possible to smell the cashews, do so in order to ensure that they are not rancid.
• Roasted Cashewnuts are used as a snack and as an ingredient for savoury dishes, confectionary items
• To reduce sodium and added fats in the diet, avoid salted, oil-roasted cashew nuts. Choose the plain variety and roast them yourself on a baking tray at 180 degrees Celsius for a few minutes (without adding oil).
How to Store
Roasted cashewnuts should be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container to avoid absorption of other food odours. Because of their high fat content, they should be stored, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator to retard rancidity. As with most nuts, roasting cashews brings out their nutty flavor.
• Cashew nuts are good sources of protein, mineral salt, iron and fiber. The leaves from the cashew tree can provide vitamin C, calcium and iron.
• Cashews are lower in fat than almonds, walnuts, peanuts.
• Cashewnuts also contain significant amounts of phytochemicals with antioxidant properties that protects the body from cancer and heart disease.
• These nuts are also good sources of protein.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.