Last Updated : May 18,2018
Viewed 1990 times
Also known as
White quinoa flour
Most people are stumped by how to pronounce this complex looking word, so let us begin by telling you that. It is quite simple actually. Quinoa is pronounced as “keen-wa”. It is a grain crop grown for its edible seeds, which have high protein content. Quinoa is a little similar to buckwheat.
Quinoa flour is made by grinding quinoa grains into finer particles to get flour. It is creamy yellow to ivory white in colour. There are different kinds of quinoa like red quinoa and black quinoa, but white quinoa is most commonly used. Quinoa flour is very expensive, so people buy whole quinoa in bulk and make it into flour by grinding in a food processor at home or in a flour mill, as per their requirement. Quinoa flour is a healthy option for those who are gluten intolerant.
How to select
• Check the label to ensure it says Quinoa Flour, and also check the expiry date.
• Examine the package for damages.
• If the pack is transparent, look inside to see if the flour is yellowish or creamy in colour, and finely ground. The flour should not look lumpy.
• Quinoa flour is used to make gluten-free breads and other baked goods like pancakes, muffins, pizza base, pie crusts, etc.
• It is usually used in combination with other flours.
• It may be used to thicken sauces, soups, etc.
How to store
• Store in an airtight container.
• Some people also store quinoa flour in the refrigerator in an airtight container or deep freeze it, to use when required.
• Quinoa flour is high in fibre and protein and hence suitable for athletes.
• Its high fibre content also makes it a suitable addition to diabetic
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.