Last Updated : Jan 11,2018
Viewed 29628 times
Also Known as
Wheat Kurmura, Wheat Mamra
Puffed wheat is a healthy cereal relished as a peppery and healthy snack. Puffed wheat is a type of puffed grain made from wheat; usually made by heating wheat kernels under high pressure in the presence of steam, though the method of manufacture varies widely. It is often used in snack foods and breakfast.
Roasted puffed wheat
This is puffed wheat is usually roasted with salt and turmeric powder. It can be a healthy jar snack by itself. It can also be used to make bhel or use it as a garnish in starters.
How to Select
Puffed wheat Cereal is one of the very purest cereal products and is readily available at any grocery store. Confirm on the freshness of the puffed wheat.
· Puffed wheat or murmura is the key ingredient to the mouth watering snack - Indian favourite - Bhel Puri
· It can be also made into chikki with jaggery with the choice of your nuts.
· It is often eaten by itself, roasted with salt and turmeric.
· It can be roasted salted or sweet and sour as desired by one and made much crunchier by addition of shallow fired Cashewnuts or groundnuts, Sev etc.
How to Store
Puffed wheat are best stored in an air tight container. It should be kept at room temperature and best consumed within 3 to 4 weeks. Always check on the lid of the container closed properly. Air and Moisture can cause puffed wheat soggy and lose on their crispiness.
· Puffed wheat is light and dry, ideal for obese people, as it is very low in calories and gives a feeling of fullness.
· Puffed wheat is high in iron and easy to digest
· It is an ideal and flexible snack food anytime.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.