Last Updated : Jan 11,2018
Viewed 7916 times
Also Known As
Anar ka Ras
Pomegranate juice is juice made from pomegranate fruit. The pomegranate juice can be very sweet or sour depending on the quality of seeds. Pomegranate juice can be easily prepared at home by following simple steps. Cut the pomegranate in four wedges and remove all the arils (seed casing) from the white membrane. Wash these arils and put them in a juicer and blend well. Strain the juice and use.
How to select
For preparing pomegranate juice, select the pomegranates that are fresh. Check that their skin has not dried off, this indicates the arils inside will also be void of any juice. Pomegranate juice is available in cans and bottles under various brand names. One can select according to the taste and familiarity.
· Thickened and sweetened pomegranate juice used in cocktail mixing, this syrup is called grenadine syrup. To make grenadine syrup at home, cook sugar and pomegranate juice til it comes to a boil. Cool and store in bottles. Use as required.
· Grenadine is used in traditional recipes of Iran - pomegranate juice and ground walnuts, usually spooned over duck or other poultry and rice, and in ash-e anar (pomegranate soup).
· A sauce from pomegranate juice (narsharab) is usually served with fish or tika kabab.
· Pomegranate sauce made from juice is used as a salad dressing, to marinate meat.
· It is used in a production of wines in Isreal.
· Pomegranate juice is also used in making of liquor and added in yogurts and jams.
How to store
Pomogranate juice should be kept in glass jars tightly sealed in refrigerator. It can keep fresh for 3-4 days.
· Pomegranate juice contains polyphenols, tannins and anthocyanins - these are beneficial anti -oxidants -higher than most other fruit juices, red wine and green tea.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.