Last Updated : Apr 23,2020
Viewed 14539 times
Oreo is a popular cookie sold by Kraft Foods. The original Oreo was mound-shaped and available in two flavours: lemon meringue and cream. Today, there are several variants available. In India, the traditional type with two flat chocolate cookies sandwiching a layer of cream, is very popular.
Oreo Fudge Sundae Creme (Limited Edition): Launched in 2009, this limited edition comprises chocolate ring cookies with the traditional white cream filling on half the ring, and fudge cream on the other half.
Golden Oreo: This variant comprises vanilla wafers with a traditional white cream filling.
Mini Oreo: These are bite-sized versions of ordinary Oreos, released in 2000.
Double Delight Oreo: Introduced way back in 1987, this version features chocolate cookies with two fillings, notably, peanut butter and chocolate; mint and cream; or coffee and cream.
Crushed oreo biscuit
The biscuits are crushed either by hand or by placing them in a cloth and pounding with a hammer for a few seconds. The latter procedure tends to give a finer crushed product than the former.
Powdered oreo biscuits
Grind the cookies in a food processor, or place them between sheets of cloth or plastic and smash them with a pestle. The powder can be used as a topping for cakes and desserts.
How to select
• Choose a variety, flavour and pack size according to your taste and requirement.
• Check the manufacturing and expiry dates, as well as the sealing of the packet, before purchasing.
• Oreo cookies are usually enjoyed as a snack with a cold or hot beverage.
• Kids love to separate the layers, lick the cream, and then dunk the cookies in milk.
• These cookies may form a base for puddings or pies.
• Try crumbling these biscuits over vanilla or chocolate ice-cream, or over custard.
• Oreo cookies are used in Domino’s Pizza's "Oreo Pizza".
• Premium ice-cream outlets offer the Cookies & Cream flavour, made by mixing crushed Oreo cookies with vanilla ice-cream.
• Oreo is the key ingredient in McDonald's popular Oreo McFlurry slush.
• Oreos are also used as an adornment on top of Donut King's Cookies & Cream Sensations donut.
• Burger King's Oreo Sundae Shake features whipped cream topped on a vanilla shake with crushed cookies blended into it.
How to store
• The cookies should be stored in an airtight container, and consumed before the expiry date.
• Do not store them with other strongly flavoured biscuits like pineapple or orange cream. These flavours will overpower the subtler taste of Oreo cookies.
• Oreo cookies are a quick source of carbohydrate, and help keep hunger away.
• Since these biscuits are high in sugar and fat content, have them in limited amounts only.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.