Last Updated : Oct 06,2017
Viewed 11566 times
Muskmelon contain a lot of water and vital nutrients. Juicing the melons helps to cool the body during summers and also provides us with healthful benefits. Make sure you wash your muskmelon before chopping and juicing as the melon skin is sometimes covered in an edible wax to prevent moisture loss. While the seeds are edible and nutritious, some people prefer not to eat them. To easily remove them, cut the melon lengthwise and use the tip of a spoon to gently scoop them out. Muskmelon juice contains mineral salts that help achieve healthy skin, hair and nails. Muskmelon can give a juice recipe a refreshing, cool taste. Sufficient juice can be extracted from a muskmelon as it contains 96% water. It gives immediate relief when there is a burning sensation in the stomach.
How to select
As melons are very sensitive to heat, choose ones for juicing that are displayed in refrigerated cases in the market. They should be firm, rounded at their edges, and their should not be any discoloration. Avoid melons that are dented, puffy, have sunken water-soaked areas, or are have soft spots.
· Muskmelon juice should be consumed within 15-20 minutes of extraction to prevent any oxidation and loss of nutrients
· The best way of having muskmelon juice is in its raw form, without any cooking or exposure to heat.
· Add carrots, tomato and beetroot with cucumber alongwith salt and pepper for a refreshing health drink.
How to store
Ideally the muskmelon juice should not be stored and consumed within minutes of its extraction. If you wish, you may though refrigerate it for some time and serve later.
· The muskmelon juice is a dependable laxative food. It supplies bulk to aid bowel action. Those who suffer from constipation can greatly benefit by taking this juice.
· The juice of muskmelon is a valuable food medicine in the treatment of hyperacidity, gastric and duodenal ulcers. It should be taken in doses of four to six ounces every two hours in such conditions.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.