mixed fruit syrup
Last Updated : Oct 05,2017
Viewed 3281 times
As the name suggests it is a melange of different fruits, like berries, orange, pineapple and grapes. This thick juicy liquid has a viscous sugar base. While a wide variety is available in the market you could make it at home as well, having more control over the quality of the ingredients. The only downside is the period of preservation is shortened when made at home.
How to Select
• If you're making, choose firm, juicy fruits of your choice like pineapples, grapes, oranges, etc.
• It is readily available in grocery stores under many brand names, like Mapro for example.
• Ensure that the seal is unbroken.
• Please read the manufacturing date to ensure maximum product freshness.
• If the syrup looks crystallized or too watery please refrain from buying it.
• It is wonderful topping for pancakes or ice cream.
• Use these syrups to flavour cakes or create many exciting desserts.
• Milkshakes and ice slushes taste delicious with the addition of this dominant flavour.
• It can also be drizzled on a fruit plate.
• Combine it with cocktails or mocktails for added colour and flavour.
How to Store
• Shake the bottle regularly and store in the chiller section of the fridge.
• Check regularly by shaking the bottle and placing it back in the freezer.
• Homemade syrups can be stored refrigerated for upto 6 months.
• After breaking the seal, refrigerate the product to extend its shelf life.
• The product stays fresh for about a year when stored in the refrigerator,
• Since syrups contains a high amount of sugar, it acts as a preservative and ensures that the product has a long shelf life.
• Unopened bottles remain for a year with the flavour and taste of mint intact.
• If these unopened bottles are stored in the refrigerator, it lasts for upto 2 years with the flavour and taste intact. However keep in mind the expiry date and use accordingly.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.