milk masala powder
Last Updated : Sep 14,2020
Viewed 42808 times
Milk masala powder is a mix of roasted and ground nuts and dried fruits, which may be added to milk to make milk tastier, easier to digest and also full of flavour and health benefits. The masala can be prepared at home or bought in ready to mix packs available commercially. The typical ingredients are almonds, pistachio, cardamom, nutmeg, saffron, etc.
How to select
• Available in ready-to-make packs, milk masala powder can also be made at home.
• The ingredients are easy to source as they are readily available over the counter.
• The expiry date of the product is important. Please read the label carefully before buying.
• When you want to use the milk masala powder, first warm the milk on a medium flame. Before it starts to boil 3/4 of the way, add the required quantity of powder, stir properly, and add sugar just when the milk starts to boil. Reduce the flame and let it simmer for about one minute. Switch off the flame. Cover the vessel for 3 to 4 minutes and then serve the masala milk.
• You may add milk masala powder to cold milk or use it to flavour milkshakes such as badam milk shakes or kesar doodh.
• Milk masala powder may added to select dessert recipes like kheer, rabdi, etc to impart characteristic flavours of spice and nuts.
How to store
• Store the masala powder in an airtight container under refrigerated conditions as it increases its shelf life.
• Masala milk is a great way of making milk tastier, especially for children who usually fuss about drinking milk.
• Masala milk powder adds to the sweetness and flavour of milk along with good amounts of protein and calcium.
• This is also a great way to sneak in some healthy nuts and saffron along with milk into our diet. The presence of almonds and pistachio in the masala powder helps to enrich the milk with added health benefits like antioxidants, vitamin E and zinc.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.