Last Updated : Oct 05,2017
Viewed 724 times
Also Known as
Spicy cashews, Roasted masala cashews, Masala kaju
Masala Cashew refers to spiced cashew nut with seasonings or spice powders added to perk up the flavour. It is an all-time favourite savoury snack, which is often shared with friends and family along with other dry fruits or sweets during Diwali and other festive occasions.
Masala Cashews are usually made by cooking the cashews in oil or ghee until they are golden brown in colour and then adding seasonings like chilli powder and salt, or other flavours like garam masala, chaat masala, pepper, etc. Alternatively, the cashews can be deep-fried and then tossed in the masalas.
Readymade Masala Cashews are available in the market, in varied flavours.
Chopped masala cashewnuts
Place the masala cashews on a chopping board and chop them using a sharp knife. Masala Cashews can be cut into smaller pieces to get finely chopped masala cashews. Use as recipe requirement.
How to select
• Read the label to check what seasonings are added, and make your choice.
• Ensure that the packet is tightly sealed; otherwise the cashews are likely to have become soft because of humidity.
• Masala cashews can be had as a snack, or served with cocktails.
• It can be added to salads to give the recipe a crunchy twist!
• Make a delicious chaat by tossing Masala Cashews with onions, chaat masala, lemon juice, chilli powder, coriander, salt, etc.
How to store
• Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.