low fat mawa
Last Updated : Jan 06,2018
Viewed 10987 times
Also known as
low fat Khoya
Khoya is what gets left behind when milk is boiled for a long period of time. It gets reduced, until all that's left behind is a semi-solid substance, thick but mild in flavour, excellent for making Indian sweets with. Low fat khoya on the other hand is what you get when you mix milk powder with cream in a microwavable bowl, and microwave it for a total time of 7-8 minutes. Stay by its side for it requires a stir every 2 minutes. This produces khoya that is fresh, great tasting and low in fat. Indulging in your favourite burfi, gulab jamun, gajar ka halwa, kalakand...etc., can now be a partial guilt-free trip for you. Mawa is preferably made at home as it is not easily available in the market. The recipe link shared below explains how you can make this at home.
Crumbled low fat mawa
Refers to the breaking of mawa into small piece with your hands. Take a small ball of mawa and press it with your fingers, you'll find that it crumbles easily under pressure into smaller bits. This is usually followed to make halwas and laddoos.
Grated low fat mawa
This requires grating the mawa slabs in a hand held grater. This grated mawa is fine in texture and is used for making barfis, gulab jamuns...etc.
• Mawa is the key ingredient that imparts not only richness and taste to any sweet but what sets it apart is its grainy texture.
• It is used to prepare sweets like gulab jamun, kalakand, barfis, mawa rolls...etc.
• Mawa is also used in the preparation of rich vegetable gravies like shahi paneer, malai kofta...etc.
How to store
• Low fat mawa can be stored in the deep freezer for a week to a fortnight.
• Being low in fat and calories than the ones prepared from buffalo's milk, low fat mawa help meet our sugar cravings with less guilt.
• Like all other milk products, mawa is also a source of protein and calcium in the diet.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.