low fat butter
Viewed 17902 times
Also known as
Butter is often associated with being a carrier of high amounts of cholesterol, trans fats, saturated fats and sodium Low fat butter spreads also contain plant sterols and stanols which actively block the absorption of cholesterol, making these spreads much healthier alternatives to regular butter.
How to select
• Whether formed into sticks or processed into spreads, low fat butter is available in almost all grocery stores.
• Ensure that the butter is stored in refrigerated conditions.
• The butter varietals that you buy must be low in saturated fats and more importantly be absolutely trans fat free.
• Please check the expiration date.
• Replace regular butter in recipes with low fat butter.
• This butter is suitable for cooking as it can be heated to high temperatures.
• For sautéing, shallow fry using low fat butter as a nutritious alternative.
• Use low fat butter, in baking recipes, replacing regular butter as an ingredient in the making of pie crusts, cakes, casseroles, and many other desserts.
• Melted low fat butter also works well as an additive to baked potatoes and as a topping on cooked green vegetables.
• At snack time, melted low fat butter is a healthier topper for freshly popped popcorn.
How to store
• Since it is a perishable product, always store under refrigerated conditions.
• Keep away from excess light and moisture
• Low fat butter is low in saturated fat and has no dietary cholesterol.
• However, it is high in trans fatty acids which lower the levels of good cholesterol. Thus, ensure that you purchase low fat butter which is trans fat free.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.