kacchi kairi syrup
Last Updated : Jan 05,2018
Viewed 6269 times
Also Known as
Raw Mango syrup
The sweet, sour bite of kacchi kairi is reminiscent of one's childhood days in India. The delicate, tangy scent of this raw mango and sugar syrup is pleasing come summertime. With ice lollies or candy drenched in this syrup, or store bought emerald gems of kacchi kairi....children especially have a special place for this ingredient due to its innate ability to mix the sweet and the sour perfectly. If you choose to make it at home, you will need to steam the mangoes until soft, mash the pulp, and bring to a boil with sugar until the liquid formed is both thick and transparent. Strain, cool and store it. If you prefer to change its colour, add a little green food colouring.
How to Select
• Firm, juicy mangoes are ideal for making kacchi kairi at home.
• If you are particular about the ingredients or are allergic to food colouring, please read the label of commercially available kaccha kairi syrups before buying.
• Preferably, choose a brand that contains a fine and transparent kacchi kairi syrup.
• If the syrup has visible sugar granules or is off coloured, please do not buy it.
• A combination of khus, kachi kairi syrup, rose flavoured milk and falooda seeds make a delicious cooling drink for the summer.
• It can be combined with other syrups and added together to flavour desserts.
• It is also used as the main flavouring agent in ice-slushes or on ice candy.
How to Store
• Store it in a cool dry place.
• As a syrup because of its high sugar content its shelf life is indefinite, however do check the product label periodically.
• Intact bottles maintain the flavour of this syrup for at least a year at room temperature and 3-4 years under refrigeration.
• After usage ensure that the cap of the bottle is tightly closed.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.