instant rabadi mix
Last Updated : Jan 05,2018
Viewed 6527 times
Instant Rabadi mix refers to a blend of ingredients which are necessary to prepare an Indian sweet called rabadi. Rabadi is a sweet dish made by reducing the milk by 50 - 60% and sweetening it with sugar. It can be flavored by various things like saffron, cardamom, rose water, kewda water, nutmeg etc. The instant rabadi mix comprises of skimmed milk powder, preservatives and spices like cardamom, etc. They are available in the market under many brand names. The existing method for the preparation of rabadi is suitable at cottage scale. The preparation of rabdi requires boiling whole fat milk for a long duration, upto 2-3 hours to bring the rabadi to the desired thick consistency. In order to overcome these difficulties, a ready-to-form rabadi mix powder formulation based on milk powder with six months shelf life has been developed. Instant rabadi Mixes are a delightful and easy way to make the most mouth watering delicacies at home. Whether it is a special occasion or just a regular meal, follow the simple step-by-step instructions on the pack and sweeten your family's day!
How to select
Check the expiry date before buying.
· Instant rabdi mix is used to prepare a popular Indian sweet called rabadi.
· Mix the instant rabdi powder into milk and boil for 5-10 minutes, stirring continuosly. The sugar and spices like cardamom, etc are already premixed, so you are able to get a ready to serve rabadi within 10 minutes.
· Rabadi can be served hot or cold with faluda
· Rabdi can be served with other Indian swets like jalebi, gulabjamun or used to prepare delicacies like shahi tukda or apple rabadi.
How to store
Store the mix in an airtight container and keep it in a cool dry place. The mix powder stays good for about six months at room temperature and can be conveniently used in the preparation of rabadi at any time
· Rabadi mix is high in calories and should be used only for special preparations.
· Since the preparation uses milk as a base, the recipe is laden with protein and calcium.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.