Hot and sweet chilli sauce refer to a spicy and sweet sauce, made with sugar, tomato paste, chillies, salt, spices and garlic powder. This hot and sweet sauce is great for the bold taster.
There are many recipes for hot n sweet chili sauces - the common ingredient being chili peppers. The peppers are infused in anything from vinegar, oil, and alcohol to fruits and vegetable (tomato) pulp. Other ingredients, including fruits and vegetables such as carrots, and squash are sometimes used to add flavor, mellow the heat of the chilis, and thicken the sauce's consistency Use as an alternative to regular ketchup and top sandwiches and croquettes.
How to select
Select the sauce as per the hotness required n your recipes. Always check the expiry date and look out for any discoloration or gas formation ( bubbles) in the bottle, especially near the tip.
· Hot n sweet sauces usually come as a thick paste, and are used either as a dipping sauce or in stir frying. Ideal for breaded and fried foods, barbecue, hamburgers, tacos, rice, etc.
· Marinating the chicken with hot n sweet sauce and then grilling on a barbeque is fantastic.
· Paprika, maple syrup, and Thai green chillies are combined with Chinese seasonings to prepare an unique Sweet and hot recipe that can be added to vegetables or chicken preparations.
· Hot n sweet Chilli sauce is a common ingredient in preparation like Thai stir fry, sweet and hot tempeh, Chinese noodles, Italian Pasta, Chinese Fried rice, soups, stews, etc.
· Pour this sauce over steamed vegetables for a beautiful combination of colour and flavour.
How to store
Keep the bottles in a dark cool cupboard for 3 months before using if you can. After opening the seal, keep sauce in the fridge and add a teaspoon to your next dish for a taste of sparingly in specific recipes.
· The presence of pepper, tomato, oregano and onions in chilli sauce increases the anti oxidant quotient of the sauce
· Chilli sauce is low in fat content and is good source of Vit A, Vitamin C, iron and manganese.