Last Updated : Feb 10,2018
Viewed 18450 times
Also Known as
Peru ka juice
Description Uses of Guava Juice
Guava juice is a fruit juice obtained by squeezing, pressing or otherwise crushing the interior of an guava. Alternatively you can cut guava into cubes and blend it in a mixer with water and strain it. Approximately 2 cups of guava cubes when blended with 1 cup of water and strained yields approximately 1 1/2 cups of juice. Guava juice is a nutrition powerhouse with naturally occurring vitamins and minerals and many antioxidants.
How to Select Guava Juice
All types of juice can be found in health food and grocery stores. Look for fresh juices with pulp in the refrigerated section. Some producers add citric acid or ascorbic acid to juice beyond what is naturally found in the guava. Some also fortify the guava juice with nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D. Reduced-acid varieties of guava juice are also marketed. Hence, choose accordingly from the variety.
Culinary Uses of Guava Juice
• Guava juice is a quick and healthy beverage.
• Use fruit juice as the base for fat-free salad dressing and marinades.
• Guavas and guava juice are often used in sauces and glazes.
• They can be added to everything from appetizers to desserts, marmalade etc.
• Guava juice is one of the important ingredients (and the most important fruit juice) to have when making cocktails.
• Guava blossom is a mouth watering beverage.
• Apart from sweet dishes, guava juice works well in savoury dishes.
How to Store Guava Juice
Fresh-squeezed guava juice is a refreshing treat, but should be discarded after 48 hours in the refrigerator. Fresh-squeezed guava juice can be frozen as ice cubes or used in smoothies or other drinks. Canned and bottled juice or juice in aseptic cartons can be stored, unopened, in a cool, dark cupboard for up to three months. After opening, keep juices in tightly closed containers in the refrigerator. Pour servings and immediately refrigerate the closed container after every use. Use within the expiry date printed.
Health Benefits Uses of Guava Juice
• Start Your Day with a Boost of Antioxidants. It's an excellent source of essential antioxidants (vitamin C) and to help protect against free radicals to promote healthy cells and tissues.
• Guava Juice gives you essential nutrients needed to help maintain your body's first line of defense - a healthy immune system.
• It's naturally fat free, cholesterol free and sodium free.
• Get your kids' day off to a great start with the natural taste and nutrition of Guava Juice. It has essential vitamins and minerals to support their growing bodies.
• Flavonoids and carotenoids, phytonutrients are plant-derived components that are naturally occurring in guava juice. Phytonutrients are rapidly gaining support as research uncovers more of their health promoting benefits.
• Guava juice sweetened with honey, is safe and highly beneficial for Cardiac Patients.
• Guava Juice is considered as an excellent food for infants who are not fed on breast milk. It prevents scurvy, rickets and helps growth.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.