Last Updated : Jan 02,2018
Viewed 6436 times
Grapes Juice, lovingly called the "Nectar of Gods" is obtained from crushing grapes and straining the liquid. A common method to make grapes juice at home is as follows:
Clean and wash the grapes under running water. Place them in a broad pan and crush the grapes using a potato masher. Strain the liquid using a muslin cloth. Add sugar (according to taste preference) and melt over a slow flame. Boil for two minutes once the sugar has melted. Cool and transfer to glass bottles. Refrigerate and use as required. (Do note that you can cook the grapes and then strain. Avoid the sugar if you want the original flavour).
Grape juice is commonly made from "Concord" variety of grapes. However, you can make them from grapes of your choice. They are commonly available in tetra packs also.
How to select
If purchasing tetra packs, check for the brand, packaging, manufacturing and expiry date. If making fresh grapes juice, then ensure you use good quality fresh grapes to make he same.
· In the alcohol industry, grapes juice is fermented and then used to prepare wines, vinegars, brandy etc.
· Grape juice can be consumed just like that or used in making mocktails, cocktails etc.
· One can freeze grapes juice to make slushes, lollies etc. This is a nice way to encourage children to have grapes juice.
· Grapes juice can be use as a base along with grapes for making jellies, preserves etc.
· Use grapes juice to make fruit punches, flavoured ginger ales etc.
How to store
Tetra packs can be stored at room temperature. If opened, store in the refrigerator and use within two days. Freshly prepared grapes juice should be stored under refrigerated conditions.
· In the form of juices, grapes are easily digested and thus can be used to combat constipation etc.
· It is a quick source of energy and is rich in antioxidants.
· Grape juice helps to decrease acidity of uric acid and lends itself further in aiding the elimination of the acid from the system, thus benefiting the kidneys.
· Grape juice helps reduce risk of heart disease and also supports healthy cholesterol levels.
· Since grapes have a high content of water, the juice acts as a low calorie drink. Thus, it is any day recommended when compared to aerated or carbonated juices.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.