fresh hara chana
Last Updated : Jan 16,2019
Viewed 9598 times
Also Known as
Fresh green chick peas
What is fresh hara chana, harbara ? They are also known as green chick peas. As the name suggests, they are dark green in colour and tender with pods. The cooked tender chana can be eaten raw as is, or in the form of a chaat.
Boiled fresh hara chana
To boil fresh hara chana, clean the chana and place them in boiling salted water in a deep pan and cook till they turn soft and tender. Simultaneously, you can also pressure cook the fresh chana till they turn soft. Drain excess water and use as required. Boiled fresh chana can be used in variety of dishes like salads, stir-fries, chaats etc..
How to Select Fresh Hara Chana
• Look for green, shiny and pliable pods; beans should fill pods well.
• Avoid pods with signs of drying.
• When buying shelled chana, choose plump beans with green to greenish-white skins.
• Avoid the ones with brown blemishes or shrivelled skins.
Culinary Uses Fresh Hara Chana
• Hara chana can be made into exciting salads and chaats, combined with other veggies and fruits.
• It can be eaten raw or roasted.
• Sauté some in butter or olive oil to soften a little, add a dash of spices of your choice, and enjoy as a simple snack.
• Toss it into stir-fries, sautés, and salads.
• Combine with corn and sometimes green or red bell pepper to make exciting dishes.
How to Store Fresh Hara Chana
• Refrigerate in a perforated plastic bag for up to three days.
• Store shelled beans, tightly wrapped in plastic, in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Health Benefits Fresh Hara Chana
• Green chickpeas have a wealth of nutrients like energy, protein, calcium and iron.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.