Sprouted fenugreek seeds
Wash the seeds in a colander, transfer to a non-metallic container and add a cup of water. Cover with a lid, and allow to soak for about 12 hours. Drain out the water. Rinse with fresh water and drain. Cover again and leave aside to sprout for four days, periodically rinsing the fenugreek once in say six to eight hours. After the sprouts have reached the desired length, rinse them thoroughly and drain. Pat dry with a paper towel, and store in the refrigerator till needed. Alternatively, you can soak the fenugreek seeds for two hours and then boil them to use in vegetable preparations.
8. Methi seeds have a lot of medicinal properties and hence are used for healing purposes, to boost immunity and to provide relief from cold and flu. For that, tea works best. To make the tea, add a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to a cup of boiling water. Strain and relish it with a little honey, plain or with a little milk.
• Since time immemorial, fenugreek seeds have been valued for their medicinal benefits.
• It has great cleansing properties. It helps cleanse the blood. By triggering sweat, it also detoxifies the body. It is also reputed as a lymphatic cleanser.
• It is wonderful for stimulating and fortifying the immune system.
• Fenugreek seeds, soaked overnight in water and consumed in the morning, water, seed and all, helps to control blood sugar levels.
• A powerful antioxidant
, it acts as a mucus solvent and throat cleanser, and also eases the urge to cough.
• Even drinking the water that the seeds have been soaked in or rinsed with helps to soften and dissolve accumulated and hardened masses of cellular debris.
• Use fenugreek for head colds, influenza, catarrh, constipation, bronchial complaints, asthma, emphysema, pneumonia, pleurisy, tuberculosis, sore throat, laryngitis, hay fever and sinusitis.
• Fenugreek can be used for peptic ulcers and inflamed conditions of the stomach and bowel, as it absorbs and eliminates toxic material.
• Fenugreek helps travellers affected by abdominal griping pains and gastric upsets due to consumption of contaminated water.
• People find that drinking a cup of fenugreek tea before meals can bring relief from numerous ailments.