Last Updated : Sep 29,2017
Viewed 19731 times
Dried fruits are basically a mix combo of cashew, almond, walnuts, pistachio etc. This mixture comes very handy to serve when guests at home or if you have to gift someone. Equally handy to use in cooking, where recipies or sweet dishes call for mix dry fruits.
Chopped dried fruits
dry fruits can be peeled or unpeeled, as desired. Take a sharp knife, slice them from the top and then cut it into half from the centre. Cut the half portion into another half and remove the seeds from centre. Chop ingredients by cutting them in small pieces approximately ¼ inch in diameter, although the chopped food doesn't need to be exactly the same size. If the recipe calls for the ingredients to be "coarsely chopped," make the pieces slightly larger.
How to Select
It is readily available in packet forms. You can also mix equal quantities of dry fruits at home, as desired. Confirm on the freshness of the nuts.
· Dried fruit has a long shelf life and therefore can provide a good alternate to fresh fruit, allowing out of season fruits to be available. Drying is a good way to preserve fruit in the absence of refrigeration. Dried fruit is often added to baking mixes and breakfast cereals.
· Dried fruit is widely used in baking, confectionery, breakfast cereals and manufacturing, adding a combination of sweetness and moisture.
· Dried fruit is the major ingredient in sweet dishes - be it garnishing or just sprinkling a little.
· Finely chopped or coarsely powdered dried fruit is often used to make Masala Milk, often served hot in chilled winters.
How to Store
Exposure to air or moisture could make the nuts loose on its crispiness. Hence would become unacceptable. So, always store it in an air tight container.
· A handful of dried fruits provides you with instant energy , protein, vitamins and minerals.
· As mixed, it gives you all the essentials required by the body.
· It is the best tonic for brain - especially good for kids.
· Remember, excess is not healthy. It could cause weight gain further leading to other problems
· Dried fruits are rich in vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B6, pantothenic acid) and dietary minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, copper, manganese
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.