Viewed 16820 times
Cucumbers contain a lot of water and vital nutrients. Juicing the cucumbers helps to cool the body during summers and also provides us with healthful benefits. Make sure you wash your cucumber before chopping and juicing as the cucumber skin is sometimes covered in an edible wax to prevent moisture loss.Cucumber juice contains mineral salts that help achieve healthy skin, hair and nails. Cucumber can give a juice recipe a refreshing, cool taste. Sufficient juice can be extracted from a cucumber as it contains 96% water. It gives immediate relief when there is a burning sensation in the stomach.
How to select
As cucumbers are very sensitive to heat, choose ones for juicing that are displayed in refrigerated cases in the market. They should be firm, rounded at their edges, and their color should be a bright medium to dark green. Avoid cucumbers that are yellow, puffy, have sunken water-soaked areas, or are wrinkled at their tips. Thinner cucumbers will generally have less seeds than those that are thicker, so they are better for juicing. While many people are used to purchasing cucumbers that have a waxed coating, it is highly recommended to choose those that are unwaxed, so the nutrient-rich skin can be blenderized in a juicer without consuming the wax and any chemicals trapped in it.
· Cucumber juice should be consumed within 15-20 minutes of extraction to prevent any oxidation and loss of nutrients
· The best way of having cucumber juice is in its raw form, without any cooking or exposure to heat.
· Add carrots, tomato and beetroot with cucumber alongwith salt and pepper for a refreshing health drink.
How to store
Ideally the cucumber juice should not be stored and consumed within minutes of its extraction. If you wish, you may though refrigerate it for some time and serve later.
· The cucumber juice is a dependable laxative food. It supplies bulk to aid bowel action. Those who suffer from constipation can greatly benefit by taking this juice.
· The juice of cucumber is a valuable food medicine in the treatment of hyperacidity, gastric and duodenal ulcers. It should be taken in doses of four to six ounces every two hours in such conditions.
· Cucumber juice in combination with the juice of carrots, beets and celery, has a very beneficial effect in the conditions associated with accumulation of uric acid such as arthritis, gout and rheumatism.
· Cucumber juice promotes hair growth due to its high silicon and sulphur content, particularly when mixed with carrot, lettuce and spinach juice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.