Last Updated : Mar 20,2019
Viewed 1815 times
Description of Coconut Flour
Coconut Flour is made using coconut pulp and can be easily made at home or it is available in gourmet stores these days and also online. It is gluten-free and rich in protein & fiber. It is low in carbohydrate and can be used as a substitute for other flours.
How to Select Coconut Flour
• Coconut flour is available prepackaged. Examine the pack for leaks, manufacturing and expiry dates.
• Avoid buying coconut flour that is mixed with other flours. Read the labels carefully.
3 Culinary Uses of Coconut Flour
1. Add coconut flour the next time you make bread or muffins.
2. It is an ideal ingredient for keto and paleo diet.
3. You can even make pancakes using coconut flour.
How to Store Coconut Flour
You can store the flour in the fridge for almost a month.
Top 5 Health Benefits of COconut Flour
1. Coconut flour being high in fats give a high satiety value.
2. Being a power house of protein (4 gm per ¼ cup), it’s a healthy addition to a weight watchers and athletes diet.
3. Its high fiber content also helps in cleansing the gut and getting rid of toxins.
4. It is completely gluten free and can be safely added to a diet of those suffering from gluten insensitivity. Try making Coconut flour and Coconut Pancakes.
5. The high fibre content of this flour has a tendency to avoid spike in blood sugar levels and reduce cholesterol levels too.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.