Last Updated : Sep 28,2017
Viewed 9125 times
Close your eyes and let the taste and smell of coconut sweep you away to the tropical oasis of your choice. Coconut Essence is a liquid extracted from the coconut and used as flavouring.
How to Select
Choose a bottle of coconut essence which is well sealed and does not have any kind of leakages. Always make a note of manufacturing as well as expiry date.
· Mix this essence with skim milk for a convincingly delicious substitute for real coconut milk. Coconut is another which will give sweets and cakes a sweet tropical lift.
· It's ideal for cocktails and will almost single-handedly put the Thai in a Thai Curry.
· For a lower fat version, use coconut essence, mixed with evaporated milk (you can use skim).There is some loss of flavour, but the resulting fat loss is worth it!
· Handy substitute for coconut milk.
· There's a slight loss of flavor but it's not bad! To use low fat milk with coconut essence (from the cooking section), but this isn't going to be the same as using a tin of coconut milk.
· If you are on a diet, though, using coconut essence can give a lift to Thai pumpkin soup, or make a Banana smoothie that extra lift, without the fat!
· This essence is also wonderful in any baking where you use coconut.
· Coconut brandy is produced from the essence of the coconut flower that is extracted by a specialized process
How to Store
Essence can be stores till the expiry date is over. It stays good in refrigerator, once opened. Close it tightly after every use to avoid loss of flavour.
Coconut Essence imparts flavour similarly to coconut, cutting the fat obtained by coconut. It is hence beneficial in preventing heart disease or high blood pressure or any other disease linked to coconut.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.