Viewed 8111 times
Coconut Cream is the first press of coconut is coconut cream but it's not advisable to make at home. Commercially, coconut cream is obtained by pressing grated coconut flesh by itself without water, using a specialized, heavy piece of machinery. Good coconut cream has a clean, white color, rich creamy taste and is mildly sweet with the essence of coconut. For recipes requiring coconut cream, do not shake the can before opening; spoon out the thick cream on top.
How to Select
Coconut cream is readily available in the market. Check on manufacturing and expiry dates printed.
· Used in Thai and South Indian cuisine for curries.
· Can whip up desserts, sauces etc.
· It can be diluted further to make coconut milk. Substitute coconut cream by mixing 1 cup coconut milk powder in 1 cup of warm water.
· Sweeteners, although not absolutely necessary, are normally present in order to achieve a sweet taste and often also because of their water-binding abilities.
· It can be a thickener, used instead of heavy cream, used as a substitute for water in both stews and puddings, used to deglaze a pan.
· It can also be used as a cooking liquid for veggies or for noodles.
· It can be frozen with a small amount of sweetener to make a sorbet.
How to Store
On hot days, refrigerate the can so that the cream will harden and can be easily separated from the lighter milk. Utilize in 2 days after opening the can or making at home. It is alright to eat in moderation because of the fat content in it.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.