Last Updated : Apr 13,2018
Viewed 7860 times
Also known as
What is Cauliflower Greens, Cauliflower Leaves?
Cauliflower leaves are nothing but the green leaves that cover the cauliflower and often are sold along with the entire cauliflower. These are green crisp leaves that have a strong flavour and are used along with the stems. These are edible curly green coloured leaves that ranged from small to large sized leaves and have many culinary uses. They are widely used in salads, soups and some people even make vegetable using cauliflower greens.
Chopped cauliflower greens
Remove the discard the thick stems from the bunch of cauliflower leaves. Chop the cauliflower leaves by cutting them in small pieces approximately ¼ inch in diameter, although the chopped food doesn't need to be exactly the same size. If the recipe calls for the ingredients to be "coarsely chopped," make the pieces slightly larger and proceed as per the recipe.
How to Select
Choose bright and crisp green leaves free from blemishes. Avoid any kind of pale colour.
• It is very popularly chopped and made into a delicious vegetable.
• They are great in salads and soups.
• Sauté it into little butter and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve as a salad.
• Serve some crisp leaves with creamy cheesy dip in your parties.
How to Store
You can store the leaves in the crisper section of your fridge for up to 5 days.
Clean and dry the leaves. Wrap it in a newspaper and keep it in a plastic bag.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower Greens
Cauliflower Greens are an excellent source of Iron having 40 mg of Iron per 100 grams consumed.
• Cauliflower leaves are full of natural antioxidants that have been shown to help prevent cancer.
• In addition, adding the dark green leaves makes your dinner even more healthy as they contain good amount of phytonutrients.
• Cauliflower is naturally low in calories, stimulating, and even an appetite-suppressant making them a perfect diet food.
• It's a source of energy and a natural boost to the body's defenses.
• Its fiber and potassium promote good intestinal transit and limit water retention. It's an excellent source of folic acid and potassium.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.