Last Updated : Jan 22,2018
Viewed 10102 times
Also known as
Canned Cherries are red, tart, pitted cherries packed in water or sugar solution. They are softer and sweeter in taste; colour may vary from the fresh ones as are cooked.
Chopped canned cherries
To chop the canned cherries, drain the cherries from the syrup, pat dry using kitchen towel and place them on chopping board. Cut each cherry into 4 pieces using sharp knife or into even smaller pieces as per the recipe requirement.
How to select
Choose undented cans that exhibit no bulging. Check the label for its contents, date of manufacturing and expiry date. Always check the lid, if opened or chipped avoid buying.
· Add canned cherries to a mixed fruit salad or gelatin.
· Make pie filling, flavoured yoghurt, jellies, jams, sauces and fruit drinks.
· Use for garnishing desserts, cakes, ice cream and candies.
How to store
Canned cherries should be stored unopened in a cool, dry place off the floor. Opened cherries should be transferred to a covered container, refrigerated and used within 2 to 4 days.
· Contains antioxidants (anthocyanin) hence good for heart and fights free radicals.
· It is a high source of vitamin C, an immune boosting vitamin that fights infection and makes the skin shinier and healthier.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.