Last Updated : Sep 28,2017
Viewed 12113 times
Also Known As
Bourbon, Bourbon Cream
Bourbon Biscuits comprise thin, oblong chocolate biscuits sandwiched with a chocolate cream filling. They are a favourite amongst people of all ages and nationalities! It is interesting to note that this irresistible ‘sandwich biscuit’ has been in the bakery industry since as far back as 1910.
There are several brands offering Bourbon, but in India, the term is almost synonymous with Britannia’s original offering that has a sprinkling of grain sugar atop the chocolate biscuits.
Crushed bourbon biscuit
Take 7-8 bourbon biscuits and remove the cream from the bourbon biscuits. Place them on a chopping board, take a rolling pin and roll it over the biscuits a couple of times till they are coarsely crushed. Alternatively put the biscuits in a mixer and blend for 1 to 2 seconds to get a coarse mixture.
How to select
• Choose a good brand.
• Check the packaging, dates of manufacturing and expiry.
• Ensure that the biscuit pieces are firm to touch when you hold the packet in your hand.
• Do not buy biscuits which are broken.
• Bourbon biscuits are heavenly all by themselves – a brilliant tea time snack, or an anytime treat to beat hunger pangs!
• Crushed Bourbon biscuits may be used in various recipes.
• You could crush Bourbon biscuits using a rolling pin, mix with butter and use as a base for cheesecakes.
• Coarsely crushed Bourbon biscuits may also be used to garnish ice creams, frozen yoghurt, etc.
• Alternatively, you can finely crush Bourbon biscuits and use as a garnish for mousses, soufflés, cheesecakes etc.
How to store
• Store in a cool and dry place away from moisture and humidity.
• Once opened, store in airtight containers since opened biscuits tend to become soft when exposed to moisture.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.