Last Updated : Sep 28,2017
Viewed 10929 times
Also Known as
Blueberries plucked in season are crushed and processed with sugar to create a smooth or pulpy syrup known as blueberry crush. The fragrant sweet-sour taste of blueberries is brought out through the crush as it delivers a royal purple colour and rich flavour when added to milkshakes, ice-cream, pudding, mousses, cheesecakes and pies.
How to select
• It is readily available in grocery stores under many brand names.
• Ensure that the seal is unbroken.
• Please read the manufacturing date to ensure maximum product freshness.
• Blending blueberry crush with cinnamon, lemon juice and maple syrup, makes it a heavenly topping on both waffles and pancakes. If you'd like to be extra indulgent finish the topping with a swirl of whipped cream.
• Yogurt parfaits, meusli or oats with a helping of blueberry crush takes on a whole new hue and taste.
• While making cheesecakes and pies, use this syrup as a filling in conjunction with other fresh berries like strawberries and raspberries.
• A fresh breakfast smoothie tastes great with a serving of blueberry crush.
How to store
It is a good idea to refrigerate this to extend the shelf life. Once opened, it stays good for around a year, but always keep an eye on the expiry date.
• Until the seal is broken, store the unopened bottle in a cool, dry place at room temperature
• After breaking the seal, refrigerate the product to extend its shelf life.
• The product stays fresh for about a year when stored in the refrigerator, however keep in mind the expiry date and use accordingly.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.