black jamun pulp
Last Updated : Jan 19,2018
Viewed 7509 times
Black Jamun pulp is the inner fleshy purple, sweet part of the black jamun. Pulp of black jamun can be easily extracted by cleaning, washing and peeling jamuns, deseeding them and then crushing it. In order to extract black jamun pulp, crush using your hands or put the pieces in a mixer or food processor and blend to a pulp.
How to select
Ripe black jamuns should be selected to extract the pulp. Black jamun pulp is also available canned in markets. Ensure that the cans are sealed and check the packaging details to make sure they are fresh.
• Black jamun pulp is widely used in preparing juices, drinks, nectars etc.
• Use to make delicious smoothies and ice-creams which can be prepared in a jiffy.
How to store
Black Jamun Pulp once extracted from black jamuns should be kept sealed in air-tight glass jars. Ready-made cans of pulp should be properly closed after usage. Pulp can remain fresh for atleast 4-5 days on being refrigerated.
• Jamun Fruit is said to have the best remedy for all chronic ailments including Diabetes. The compounds namely peptidyglycan and an oligosaccharide present in Black Jamun have been found to play a crucial role in lowering sugar levels in a diabetic person.
• The fruit has also rich in minerals such as manganese, zinc, iron, calcium, sodium and potassium, which play an important role in various bodily functions.
• The ripe jamun fruit is well recognized as a liver stimulant, digestive, carminative and coolant.
• The fresh seeds of jamun fruit reduce blood sugar levels and glucosuria in diabetic patients.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.