Last Updated : Jan 13,2018
Viewed 7913 times
Apricot is very simple to cook and has multiple uses. Just wash, halve and pit apricots, force through a blender until smooth. Add sugar if desired, as some apricots are sweeter than others.
How to Select
Choose the juicy and soft apricots to make puree. It is also available in food Malls and Grocery market. Prior to purchasing check the manufacturing as well as the expiry date, to guarantee the freshness of the jam. In addition, make sure the bottle or packet is well sealed
· Serve as an ice cream topping or with cream pudding.
· An apricot milkshake is a good start for the day. It can also be blendes with other fruits like, of banana or apple and apricot puree with no added sugar
· It can be served as an accompaniment to hot biscuits, waffles or pancakes.
How to store
Puree, covered, in refrigerator up to 2 days. Apricot purees can also be frozen and stays more than 2 weeks and used later as a basis for soufflés.
· Fresh apricot puree is rich in natural sugars, vitamin A & B and Calcium.
· It is a brilliant tonic for anaemia and for healthy skin.
· Fresh juice mixed with honey or glucose, is a very cooling drink during fevers. It quences the thirst and eliminates the waste product.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.