· Lady's finger can be used in delicious Sambhar
along with mix vegetables for your South Indian
Idlis and Dosas. It can also be added in sambhar instead of pumpkin.
How to store Ladies Finger, Bhindi?
Lady's finger remains in good condition only for around 2 days at room temperature. There are chances of moisture loss, hence it should be stored under refrigeration temperature with relative humidity of 80-90 %. You can wash, clean and store it as a whole or may cut it into desired pieces and store in a net bag under refrigeration. Its freshness will fast for 4-5 days.Health Benefits of Ladies Finger, Bhindi
· Lady's finger is a green vegetable and consists of good amounts of vitamin A, required for growth and repair of skin as well as maintain vision.
· There are also fair amounts of Vitamin C
, which boosts immumnity.
· Minerals present in okra include Folate, required in RBC of blood and Calcium, required for bones and teeth.
· There are good amounts for dietary fiber present, hence it is low in colories and considered good for people on weight loss.Glycemic Index of Lady Finger, Bhindi
Bhindi has a Glycemic Index of 20 which is low. Glycemic Index are for foods you eat, ranks carbohydrate-containing foods by how quickly they digest and raise your blood sugar or glucose levels. Foods rank from 0 to 50 are low GI, 51 to 69 are medium and 70 to 100 are high. Foods that are high in GI are not suitable for weight loss and diabetics. Foods like Bhindi have a low GI and hence don't spike your glucose level as they are absorbed slowly. Great for weight loss and diabetics.