Last Updated : Aug 06,2018
Viewed 113 times
Also Known as
Alsi ka tel, Flax oil, linseed oil
Description of Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseeds can be eaten raw or used to extract oil. It is one of the best plant-based sources of omega 3 fatty acids. Also, high in omega-6 and 9 essential fatty acids, B vitamins and minerals, flax seed is packed with loads of nutrients. The taste is slightly nutty and sweet.
How to Select Flaxseed Oil
• Flaxseed oil is easily available at grocery stores.
• Choose a good brand, read the labels for nutrition information, and then purchase.
• Make sure the package has no leaks.
• Check the expiry date before buying.
• Buy small bottles, as this oil is generally used in small quantities and will last long; plus it goes rancid easily.
3 Culinary Uses of Flaxseed Oil
1. It is strictly advised to not use flaxseed oil for cooking purposes as it has a low smoking point. You can use it to make a wide range of salad dressings, sauces and dips.
2. Adding a tablespoon of flaxseed oil in smoothies or shakes is a good way to add flaxseed oil to your diet.
3. It can be applied on the skin to enhance the glow and moisture. Also, you can apply it to your hair to promote shine and growth.
How to Store Flaxseed Oil
• Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
• It is best stored in the refrigerator because it will easily go rancid.
8 Health Benefits of Flax seeds oil
1. Just like flaxseeds, the flaxseed oil also abounds in omega-3 fatty acids which are known to prevent inflammation and have heart protective properties.
2. The high Alpha Linoleic Acid levels in this oil benefits the skin. It helps relieving dry skin and help in promotive growth of healthy skin cells.
3. Dietary lignins present in the flaxseeds and its oil help prevent the growth of cancer cells.
4. Antioxidant rich flaxseeds oil help in boosting brain function and protect nerve cell.
5. This oil can be directly applies to the skin to moisturize and soothen the skin and reduce roughness and irritation.
6. Flax seeds oil promote weight loss by helping to burn body fat and boosting metabolism.
7. It has also been proven to improve hair and nail health. Cracking of nails, hair fall and dry scalp can be prevented with regular consumption of flax seeds oil.
8. Flax seeds oil slows down digestion which avoids a spike in blood sugar levels and thus it is suitable for diabetics.
The best way to include flax seeds oil in the diet is by way of salad dressings, by combining with curd / yoghurt or with shakes and smoothies. Flax seeds oil must not be heated as it loses its beneficial properties and is harmful for body too.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.