Gingerly Green Goodness Soup
by MEENA SAVLA
This recipe has been viewed 1807 times
Comes winter and it calls for hot pipping soups.This soup is ideal for it. The goodness of ginger and dry ginger (sounth) are the key of this soup. So this winter enjoy this soup and keep adding feathers to your caps.
Add your private note
Gingerly Green Goodness Soup recipe - How to make Gingerly Green Goodness Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, mash well and divide into small balls.
- Wash and blanch the spinach leaves in boiling water for 2 minutes. Refresh in cold water and drain well. Blend to a fine puree.
- Steam the pumpkin till tender and puree it.
- Heat the ghee and butter in a pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, ginger paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add pumpkin puree, black til and mix well.
- Add palak puree, dry ginger powder (sounth powder), 2- 21/2 cup water, salt-pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve corn starch in coconut milk and add to boiling soup cook stirring till thick.
- Pour into serving bowls, put 4-5 `Herbal Balls`in each bowls, drizzle fresh cream on top and sprinkle roasted black til on top. Serve piping hot with garlic bread.
This recipe was contributed by MEENA SAVLA on 15 Feb 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.