Garlicky Lentil Dip
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19899 times
Quick-to-cook tender red lentils absorb the deep garlic flavour in this dip, which is pepped up with a dose of lemon juice, a subtle infusion of cumin, and a blast of chilli powder. To enjoy some snappy fun, serve the pungent Garlicky Lentil Dip with bread sticks.
- Roast the garlic cloves on a slow open flame, with the help of a pair of tongs, till they are brown but not burnt. Peel the garlic cloves and keep aside.
- Combine the masoor, salt and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Strain the masoor and refresh it with cold water. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients including the masoor and garlic and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled with bread sticks.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.