Garlic- Tomato Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53567 times
A unique twist has been given to the simple garlic chutney by adding tomatoes and spring onions to it. Tomato gives it the much needed tang, while the coriander and spring onion greens add to the crunch and earthy flavour. This chutney compliments mint and masoor rolls and whole wheat salad wrap.
- Drain the soaked chillies and chop them finely.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the chillies and salt and sauté on a slow flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and ¼th cup of water and cook for 10 to 12 minutes over a slow flame till the tomatoes are soft. Mash lightly with the back of a spoon, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool.
- Add the coriander, tomato ketchup and spring onion greens and mix well. Use as required.
Tomato Garlic Chutney Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.