Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3723 times
Tip: to reduce cooking time, half of the milk quantity can be replaced with khoya (100gms).
Add your private note
Gajjar Halwa recipe - How to make Gajjar Halwa
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Peel, wash and then grate carrots. blanch the almonds, peel and slice.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan. add grated carrots, cook on a medium heat for eight to ten minutes until carrots are soft.
- Add milk and green cardamom powder. bring it to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Cook on a low heat until milk is almost reduced.
- Add sugar, and cook until dry. stir constantly.
- Gajar halwa is relished hot as well as cold.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.
This recipe was contributed by kareen on 12 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.