Gajar ka Halwa by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 724 times
Many a shortcut there might be, but sometimes the traditional method of making a mithai yields the richest taste! This authentic recipe of Gajar Halwa proves that!
Made with grated carrots, khoya, milk, dry fruits and ghee, this halwa has a divine taste and aroma that take you to another world.
Recipe Description for Gajar ka Halwa, Carrot Halwa
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the carrots, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mava, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with almond slivers and serve warm or store refrigerated in an air-tight container till serving.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrate||Fat||Fibre||Vitamin A||Vitamin C||Calcium||Iron||Folic Acid|
| 324 kcal|| 5.9 gm|| 27.2 gm|| 21.3 gm|| 3.0 gm|| 1380.0 mcg|| 3.1 mg|| 243.3 mg|| 1.1 mg|| 9.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.