by Tarla Dalal
Added to 124 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49159 times
Rich, delicious and yummy tarts.
- Sieve the flour with the salt.
- Rub in the butter and make a dough by adding ice-cold water.
- Roll out the dough to about 3 mm. thickness.
- Cut with fluted cutter of desired size.
- Press into tart cases and prick with a fork.
- Bake blind in a hot oven at 230 degree C (450 degree F) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool the tart cases.
- Mix the custard powder in a little milk.
- Add the sugar and remaining milk and put to boil.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the custard powder mixture and boil until thick while stirring continuously.
- Cool the custard and add the vanilla essence.
- Drain the syrup from the can and keep aside. Chop the fruit.
- Add the sugar and cornflour to the syrup and mix well. Boil until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Cool and then add the lemon juice and colouring. Add the fruits in the sauce and mix well.
- Fill the tarts with some custard sauce and then with some mixed fruit.
- Brush with warm marmalade and sprinkle parline powder on the sides.
- Prepare tart cases 1 day in advance.
- Prepare custard sauce 1 day in advance.
- Prepare Mixed fruit 1 day in advance.
- You can also prepare filled tarts 3 hours in advance and store them in the refrigerator.
- Variation :
- You can decorate these tarts by putting tinned cherries on top and brushing with warm marmalade.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tart
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.