Fruit and Lettuce Salad ( Pregnancy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 385 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39364 times
This is one of my favourite dishes for a hot summer lunch. Fresh fruits are tossed with salad greens and then dressed in a syrupy sweet and spicy dressing that is inspired by a thai salad. This salad is a visual delight that is rich in iron, fibre, vitamin c and fructose.
- Combine the fruits and lettuce in a large bowl and chill.
- For the dressing, combine the vinegar, sugar and water to boil to make a thick syrup.
- Cool slightly and add the red chilli flakes and salt and mix well.
- Cool completely and store in a sterilised air-tight bottle.
- Just before serving, pour some of the dressing over the salad and toss.
- you can use any seasonal fruits of your choice in case any of the above fruits is not in season.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.