Fried Moong Dal by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 493 times
Fried Moong Dal is a savoury snack that is popular all over India. This crispy namkeen is made by deep-frying soaked moong dal and seasoning it with salt.
Although it sounds so simple, it has an awesome flavour that makes you want more! Make sure you remove the moong dal from the oil when it’s crisp but still golden yellow in colour. It should not turn brown.
Recipe Description for Fried Moong Dal, Savoury Jar Snack
- Soak the yellow moong dal in enough water for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Place them on a big muslin cloth and pat it with another muslin cloth over it allow them to dry for atleast 15 minutes or till there is no water and they are dry.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip the strainer in it and put little of the moong dal on it and deep-fry on a medium flame till it turns crisp but not brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Dab another tissue on it to remove the excess oil.
- Sprinkle salt evenly over it and toss well.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to deep-fry the moong dal in 1 more batch.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
See step by step images of Fried Moong Dal, Savoury Jar Snack Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.