French Toast Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 629 times
French Toast – a name that makes people drool the world over – is generally out of the reach of vegetarians as its other name is “Eggy Bread”! It is basically bread that is soaked in beaten eggs, then deep-fried and drizzled with honey. This vegetarian version is just as tasty!
Recipe Description for French Toast, Eggless French Toast
- Combine the fresh cream, sugar, milk and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and whisk well till it forms a smooth batter. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ½ tsp of butter.
- Dip 2 slices of bread at a time in the prepared batter and place it on a tava and cook on medium flame, using ½ tsp of butter, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 to make 6 more french toasts in 3 more batches.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with cinnamon powder and drizzled with honey.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.