Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13636 times
A simple way of preparing tasty and soft falafel ,pita breads at home. Find many bread recipe, sandwich recipe, pita pockets recipe, falafel recipe at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Falafell recipe - How to make Falafell
Preparation Time: 00:30 Cooking Time: 00:30 Total Time:
- In a bowl, cover the bulgur with cold water and allow to soak for 30
- Minutes. while the bulgur is soaking, put the bread in another bowl, cover
- With cold water and soak for 15 minutes. drain the bread in a colander,
- Squeezing out the excess moisture. drain the bulgur well through a fine
- Sieve. in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal chopping
- Blade, combine the garbanzos, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, pepper
- Flakes, cumin, black pepper and scallions. process with an off-on motion
- Until the mixture is finely chopped. transfer the mixture to a bowl. stir
- In the bulgur and bread and mix well. scoop about 2 tablespoons of the
- Mixture and shape into a ball or patty. set the patties aside on a plate.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a heavy 12 inch skillet over medium high heat until
- Very hot but not smoking. add the patties to the pan without crowding and
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown all over. as the
- Patties brown, transfer to paper towels to drain and keep warm while
- Frying the remainder. to serve, tuck 3-4 balls or patties in each pita
- Half. add several slices of tomato, cucumber, and bell pepper, and a
- Sprinkling of scallions and lettuce. drizzle with the tahini and serve
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.