Fajeto by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1808 times
The famous Gujarati ‘ras-puri’ meal is incomplete without fajeto! Fajeto cannot be classified as kadhi, dal or subzi… it is a class apart from any other recipe. What else can you expect from a classical preparation of mango juice cooked together with curds, besan and select spices? Despite its unique charm and magical taste, fajeto is surprisingly quite light on the stomach!
Recipe Description for Fajeto ( Gujarati Recipe)
- Combine the cinnamon, cloves and dry ginger powder and pound into a coarse powder using a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta). Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, asafoetida, curry leaves and the pounded spices and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the curd-mango mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rotlis and rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.