Fafda Chutney, Besan Chutney by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 255 times
A breakfast of Fafda served with this Besan Chutney is every Gujarati’s idea of a perfect start to Sunday or any holiday. It may be made at home or bought readymade.
Also enjoyed on Holi and other holidays this awesome chutney amazes you with its brilliant flavour and mouth-feel. What makes it unique is that it’s homely yet there’s something special about it.
Recipe Description for Fafda Chutney, Besan Chutney
Makes 1.5 cups
- Combine the besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and 1¾ cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the besan-water mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately with fafda.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.