Erissery ( Yam and Raw Plantain Curry)
by BETHICA DAS
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7917 times
This is a very popular dish from kerala. It is yam and raw plantain curry cooked with coconut and other wonderful spices.
- Combine the coconut, peppercorns, red chillies and cmmin seeds and blend in a mixer into a paste. Keep aside.
- Cook the yam and raw banana with turmeric powder and salt in 2 cups water till almost soft.
- Add the ground paste and boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oil and temper with the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Add this to the cooked curry.
- Serve hot as a side dish.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 05 Oct 2020HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.